Sunday, February 7, 2010

Stitches





























I was outside installing a side door to our garage with Ryan Guinta, a friend, when Adam came out yelling: "we have a 911". We say that a lot at our house when we need some one's help. As I went inside I was saying to myself that this better be good. I saw Emily with her head down over the sink and holding her wrist. I could see blood dripping from her wrist at a pretty good rate. I guess a bowl fell and she tried to catch it. She missed. I got a paper towel, got some pressure on it and then got her to sit down on the couch with it elevated. The bleeding stopped fast and I got a good look at it. Stitches! It was nice and gaping and in an area that gets a lot of skin stretching. I called my friend Jimbo. He is a resident here in town, lives in our ward, and is our hometeacher. Sweet! He did a great job. Emily still struggles with some numbness and constant re aggravation, but we are lucky to have such great friends.
Adam wanted nothing to do with it and Ethan and Ella were quit fascinated by the whole process.

No comments:

Post a Comment