Sunday, July 11, 2010

Fresh Pesto


The basil in our garden is finally ready!!! Emily and I tried to grow fresh basil when we lived in Portland and make fresh pesto, but it didn't turn out. We are happy to say that it came out great this time. We have made it about 5 times in the last couple weeks and think we have perfected our recipe. We like to roast the pine nuts and roast the garlic!



I keep adding the pictures backwards! Sorry.


Our little helper!



I have blended, processed, burnt and broken a lot of wooden spoons. I may need to ask Kathy and Todd to buy me some more wooden spoons for Christmas this year!



One of my favorite wooden spoon memories was with the Frehners, Emily's oldest sister - Anne and family! We were in the habit of making smoothies all the time. Anne always supplied us with lots of berries and fruit. I made one of them too thick and decided to help the blender with the wooden spoon. You can imagine that I went too far, as always, and shredded part of the spoon. The best part is that we still ate the smoothie (okay, mainly it was just me!) and we had to spit the little pieces of wood out. It was so funny!


Danny's dream fulfilled!



Could we be happier?


No comments:

Post a Comment