Sunday, May 23, 2010

Gardening Troubles

I have had some gardening troubles this year. One word-Ella!! She has managed to pick most of the little green tomatoes. She also likes to walk through the garden and pick little basil plants. She is SO much help. I have a feeling we won't be eating any tomatoes this year.

On a positive note we have enjoyed our spinach. We have had a couple spinach salads and I tried an artichoke and spinach dip today. It turned out pretty good for my first try. Ethan was my little helper. He came in when he smelled the bacon cooking. That's my boy!

I think that was the biggest tomato we had in her right hand!

You may notice that she has a candle with her. That is because I still let her have what ever she wants. I am in big trouble when she hits her teenage years!

I have to give here credit that she doesn't believe that she has done anything wrong!

This is my other little helper. He seems to be much more interested in the bugs! I missed putting Praying Manti in my garden this year, but luckily we have had plenty of little lady bugs. :)




I went through and cleaned up all of the lower foliage on the tomato plants sticking with my Grandpa glen method. I can't believe how much I pulled out!
This picture was a couple weeks ago. Emily tells me that she usually gets at least one tomato every time she plays outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment